1.Morality can make up for the lack of knowledge but knowledge can't make up for the lack of morality.
2.The fear of intellectuals to be seen as advocates of reason is the final treason of the clerks. To be cowardly under fire is understandable, but to cower when there is a world to be taught (and to learn from) is contemptible.
1. . Waste not,want not. 俭以防匮。
2. From saving comes having. 富有来自节俭。 3. A penny saved is a penny gained. 省一文是一文。
4. Take care of the pence and the pound will take care of themselves. 金钱积少便成多。 5. Frugality is an estate alone. 节俭本身就是一宗财产。
6. He that regards not a penny,will lavish a pound. 小钱不知节省，大钱将滥花。 7. Small gains bring great wealth. 积小利，成巨富。
8. Many a little makes a mickle. 积少便成多。 9. As the touchstone tries gold,so gold tries man. 试金之石可试金，正如黄金能试人。
10. Courage and resolution are the spirit and soul of virtue. 勇敢和坚决是美德的灵魂。 11. The path to glory is always rugged. 光荣之路常坎坷。
12. Nothing is difficult to the man who will try. 世上无难事，只要人肯试。 13. The fire is the test of gold;adversity of strong man. 烈火试真金，困苦炼壮士。
14. Great hopes make great man. 远大的希望造就伟大的人物。 15. No way is impossible to courage. 勇士面前无险路。
16. A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner. 平静的大海决不能造就出熟练的水手。 17. The good seaman is known in bad weather. 坏天气下才能识得出良好的海员；要识好海员，须凭坏天气。
18. The best hearts are always the bravest. 行为最勇敢的人心地总是最善良。 19. We must not lie down,and cry,God help us. 求神不如求己。
20. He that falls today may be up again tomorrow. 今天跌倒的人也许明天就会站起。 21. Rome was not built in a day. 罗马并非一日可建成；坚持必成。
22. Success belongs to the persevering. 胜利属于坚忍不拔的人。 23. We must repeat a thousand and one times thatperseverance is the only road to success. 我们要多次重申：不屈不挠是取得胜利的唯一道路。
24. Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth. 十九次失败，到第二十次获得成功，这就叫坚持。 25. Step by step the ladder is ascended. 登梯需要逐级登。
26. Adversity leads to prosperity. 困苦通向昌盛。 27. Patience and application will carry us through. 忍耐和专心会使我们度过难关。
28. Fortune often rewards with interest those that have patience to wait for her. 做事只要有耐心，到头总会有好运；耐心候好运，好运常会来。 29. All things will come round to him who will but wait. 只要肯等待，一切都会按时来。
30. Constant dropping wears the stone. 滴水不绝可穿石。 31. Omelets are not made without breaking of eggs. 鸡蛋不打破，蛋卷做不成；不甘愿吃苦，则预期效果达不到。
32. The world is a ladder for some to go up and others to go down. 世界好似一把梯，有人上去有人下。 33. There needs a long apprenticeship to understand the mystery of the world's trade. 要知世事奥秘多，须要长期作学徒。
34. Life is sweet. 生活是可爱的；人无不好生（恶死）。 35. Where there is life,there is hope. 生命不息，希望长在。
36. Life is not all beer and skittles. 人生并不全是吃喝玩乐。 37. Much water runs by the mill that the miller knows not of. 眼前发生许多事，有些我们并不知。
38. Fortune knocks once at least at every man's door. 人人都有走运的一天。 39. If you are too fortunate,you will not know yourself; if you are too unfortunate,nobody will know you. 运气太好，见人不睬；运气太坏，无人理会。
40. Every man is the architect of his own fortune. 每一个人都是自身幸福的建筑师。 41. Happy is he who knows his follies in his youth. 记得年轻时所作蠢事的人是幸福的。
42. Misfortunes never (seldom) come alone (single). 祸不单行。 43. Misfortune is a good teacher. 不幸是良好的教师。
44. Misfortunes come at night. 祸常生于不测。 45. Misfortunes tell us what fortune is. 恶运临头后，才知幸运贵。
46. Adversity makes a man wise,not rich. 患难能使人聪明，但不能使人富有。 47. Live and learn. 活到老，学到老。
48. It is never too old to learn. 为学不怕年高。 49. A man becomes learned by asking questions. 要长学问，就得多问；多问则业精。
50. There is no royal road to learning. 学问无坦途。
1. A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near. 海内存知己，天涯若比邻。
2. A common danger causes common action. 同舟共济。
3. A contented mind is a continual / perpetual feast. 知足常乐。
4. A fall into the pit, a gain in your wit. 吃一堑，长一智。
5. A guest should suit the convenience of the host. 客随主便。
6. A letter from home is a priceless treasure. 家书抵万金。
7. All rivers run into the sea. 殊途同归。
8. All time is no time when it is past. 机不可失，时不再来。
9. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. 一日一个苹果，身体健康不求医。
10. As heroes think, so thought Bruce. 英雄所见略同。
Love me, love my dog.
All rivers run into sea.
All roads lead to Rome.
It is no use crying over spilt milk.
You cannot eat your cake and have it.
While the priest climbs a post, the devil climbs ten.
Where there is a will, there is a way.
Water dropping day by day wears the hardest rock away.
1.Morality can make up for the lack of knowledge but knowledge can't make up for the lack of morality. 个知识不全的人可以用道德去弥补，而一个道德不全的人却难以用知识弥补。
2.The fear of intellectuals to be seen as advocates of reason is the final treason of the clerks. To be cowardly under fire is understandable, but to cower when there is a world to be taught (and to learn from) is contemptible. 害怕知识分子被看作理智的倡导者，这是知识分子对知识和道德价值的最终贬低。在炮火袭击下畏缩尚可理解，而面对一个需要教导（也可从中学习）的世界却当懦夫则是卑鄙的。
卡莱尔 A healthy mind is in a healthy body. Juvenal, ancient Roman satirist 健康的思想寓于健康的身体之中。 古罗马讽剌家 朱文诺尔 A light heart lives long. William Shaakespeare, British dramatist 英国剧作家莎士比亚.W. A man needs a purpose for real health. Sherwood Anderson, American novelist 有目标的人才能有真正的健康。
美国小说家安德森.S. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anonymous 每日一个苹果胜过灵丹妙药。 无名氏 An irritable man is like a hedgehog rolled up the wrong way, torment-ing himself with his own prickles. Thomas Hood, British poet 易怒的人像一只反过来卷缩的刺猬，用自己的刺折磨自己。
英国诗人胡德 。.T.Bath twice a day to be really clean. once a day to be passably clean, once a week to avoid being a public menace. nthony Burgess. British novelist 一天洗两次澡是真干净，一天洗一次澡也说的过去，一周洗一次只是避免对公共场合造成污染。
英国小说家伯吉斯.A. Bitter pills may have blessed effects. Anonymous 良药苦口利于病。 无名氏 Cheerfulness is the promoter of health. Joseph Addison, British writer 心情愉快是健康的增进剂。
英国作家阿狄生。J. Diseases of the soul are more dangerous than those of the body. M. T Cicero.Ancient Roman orator and statesman 心灵上的疾病比身体上的疾病更危险。
古罗马演说家、政治家西塞罗.M.T. Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise. Benjamin franklin, American president 早睡早起会使人健康、富有和聪明。 美国总统富兰克林。
B. Good health is a corollary of having good habits. Anonymous 健康的身体是良好生活习惯的结果。 无名氏 Happiness lies, first of all, in health. G.W. Curis, American writer 幸福首先在于健康。
美国作家寇第斯。G.W. Health is better than wealth. John Ray, American naturalist 健康胜过财富。
美国博物学家雷伊，J. Health is certainly more valuable than money, because it is by health that money is procured. Samuel Johnson. British writer, critic 健康当然比金钱更为重要，因为我们赖以获得金钱的就是健康。 英国作家、批评家约翰.S. If you believe the doctors, nothing is wholesome; if you believe the soldiers, nothing is safe. Robert Salisbury, British statesman 要是相信医生的话，什么也不卫生；要是相信士兵的话，什么也不安全。
英国政治家索尔兹伯里。R. Laugh, and the world laughs with you;snore and you sleep alone. Anthony Burgess, British novelist 笑，全世界都跟你笑；打鼾，只有你自己独自睡觉。
英国小说家伯吉斯.A. Mischief comes by the pound and goes away by the ounce. Anonymous 病来如山倒，病去如抽丝。 无名氏 No animal ever invented anything so bad as drunkness----- or so good as drink. Gibert Keith Chesteerton, British writer 没有动物发明过的像喝醉这样糟糕的事——也没有发明过像饮酒这样美好的享受。
英国作家切斯特顿.G.K. None so old that he hopes not for a year of life. John Ray, American naturalist 寿星也不会嫌寿长。 美国博物学家雷伊.J. One cannot help being old, but one can resist being aged. H.L.Samusel.British philosopher and writer 一个人无法不变老。
H.L. Physicians of all men are most happy; most good success so ever they have, the world proclaimth, and what faults they commit, the earth coverth. Francis Quarles, British poet 世界上最幸福的人莫过于医生，他们的丰功伟绩为世人称颂，而他们的过失则被黄土淹没了。 英国诗人夸尔斯.F. Sickness is felt, but health not at all. Thomas Fuller.British statesman 疾病能感觉到，健康却根本感觉不到。
英国政治家富勒.T. Sloth, like rust, consumes faster than labor wears. Benjamin Franklin, American president 懒惰像生锈一样， 比操劳更能消耗身体。 美国总统富兰克林。
B. The cure for anything is salt water ------sweat, tears, or the sea. Isak Dinesen, Danish writer 咸水——汗水、泪水、或者海水是治疗一切的良药 丹麦作家丁尼生。I The love of beauty is an essential part of all healthy human nature. John Ruskin, British writer and critic 爱美是健康人天性的重要组成部分。
英国作家、批评家罗斯金.J. There are no such things as incurable, there are only things for which man has not found a cure. Bernard Baruch, American economist 没有什么不治之症，只有人类尚未发现其疗法之症 美国经济学家巴鲁克.B. There is a great difference between exposure of the mind and that of the body. William Hazlitt, British critic and essayist 表露思想与展露身体之间存在极大的不同。 英国批评家、散文家哈兹里特 .W. Without health no pleasure can be tasted by man. Henry Bollingbroke, British statesman 没有健康就没有乐趣。
英国政治家博林布鲁克。H. A light heart lives long .( William Shakespeare , British 。
Life should be like a candle, burning from the top to the end, is always bright. —— 萧楚女 - Xiao Chu female 人生的价值，即以其人对于当代所做的工作为尺度。 The value of life, namely to the person to contemporary work for scale. —— 徐玮 - Xu Wei 路是脚踏出来的，历史是人写出来的。
Road is stepped out, history is written. 人的每一步行动都在书写自己的历史。 Every step of man is writing his own history. —— 吉鸿昌 - JiHongChang 春蚕到死丝方尽，人至期颐亦不休。
Try to dead silk, to there as well. 一息尚存须努力，留作青年好范畴。 Life must be hard, for the youth good category. —— 吴玉章 - wu yuzhang 但愿每次回忆，对生活都不感到负疚 —— 郭小川 I wish every time memories, don't feel guilty about life - Guo Xiaochuan 人的一生可能燃烧也可能腐朽，我不能腐朽，我愿意燃烧起来！ Person's life may be burning may also decayed, I can not decayed, I am willing to burning up！ —— 奥斯特洛夫斯基 - ostrovsky 你若要喜爱你自己的价值，你就得给世界创造价值。
If you want to love your own value, you have to create value to the world. —— 歌德 -- Goethe 社会犹如一条船，每个人都要有掌舵的准备。 Society is like a boat, everyone has to have pilots to prepare. —— 易卜生 -- -- henrik Ibsen 人生不是一种享乐，而是一桩十分沉重的工作。
Life is not a kind of enjoyment, but a pile is heavy work. —— 列夫·托尔斯泰 - Leo Tolstoy 人生的价值，并不是用时间，而是用深度去衡量的。 The value of life, not with the time, but with depth to measure. —— 列夫·托尔斯泰 - Leo Tolstoy 生活只有在平淡无味的人看来才是空虚而平淡无味的。
Only in the insipid life is empty and bland. —— 车尔尼雪夫斯基 - chernyshevsky ng 一个人的价值，应该看他贡献什么，而不应当看他取得什么。 The value of a person, should see him what contribution, should not look at what he achieved. —— 爱因斯坦 - Albert Einstein 人只有献身于社会，才能找出那短暂而有风险的生命的意义。
Only dedicated to the society, to find out the short and has a risk of the meaning of life. —— 爱因斯坦 - Albert Einstein。